[RC] shoeing book/s diagrams/websites? - Laurie Durgin

I would like to ask what is a currently available book on shoeing , hoof balance etc. I'd thought oneof our horses had contracted feet and then the new owner had work done making him sounder and increasing his foot size with a sport horse farrier.
I thought my farriers work looked fine,except this one horse had problems. My farrier has a good reputation, and compared to what I'd seen of the other farriers and their work around here , he was very good.
Buuuut I am wondering if I need to take a more proactive stance.They look even on my two arabs from the center, both seem to have good feet. but am wondering ........
Also one has like a u shape foot and one has more like a circle. So if the shoe curves int owards the heel , where should it stop and how much of a curve? They both wear 00 are 14.2 and change.
I also have my 3 yr old who paddles like his Ma.His legs are straight looking from the side , but from the front he turns out . He has only been trimmed once. I ask my farrier ,but he says the rocks around the barn and in the field are keeping him trimmed and he isn't growing alot of hoof ( but his feet look proportioned in size to his body, he is still growing).I notice what i believe is maybe a flare to the outside. He has round feet, but one side of the foot does look wider that the other when I pick his feet up (the fronts). My guess is this is because he paddles some and that is where he is loading. He is of course barefoot and I am doing ground work with him now.
I'd like more tools to educate myself. I don't know that I need to change farriers, or if I could even get a better one . thanks Laurie /Rascal/Honey /scout

Watch LIVE baseball games on your computer with MLB.TV, included with MSN Premium! http://join.msn.com/?page=features/mlb&pgmarket=en-us/go/onm00200439ave/direct/01/

The whole ride experience can be very hard, and at times you question why
you put yourself through such abuse. But then you remember all those
moments when you pop up over a hill and are suddenly surrounded by the most
stunning views. It's just you and your horse and for a moment time stops
and you can hear the angels sing. Therein lies the addiction, at least for
me. ~ Leslie Beyers