Re: [RC] saddle pads and saddles - Gil Crozes

Have looked into the Gaston Mercier saddles? They have great pads and
the saddles are custom built for horse and rider.

see www.hitack.com

Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 4/19/2004 8:17:44 AM

Please Reply to: Rachelle sdarosa@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I need some info on saddle pads and saddles.  What brands are good and
work well?  My horse gets very sore in his loin area.  I ride in a
wintec dressage saddle and it fits him.  I use a western pad with some
kind of absorbing liner in the middle of it.  (forgive me I am newer at
this)  He has confirmation problems that bring the soreness on.  I just
went to a CTR ride and pulled him because of the soreness.  I am doing
everything I know to do to help his back in conditioning.  We do hill
work, and arena work in side reings and a sircingle.  He does well at
the rides and is an enjoyable ride so I really would like to find a way
to make this work. I do think this problem is fixable with conditioning
and the right gear.
I have thought about the treeless saddles.  I would love info on them
especially if they will take pressure of this area.
Thank you and I appreciate the responses I get from this board.  I
really feel distance riders know how to take care of there horses and I
am glad this board is here to pull from.
Rachelle

===========================================================Just because
someone tells you that your horse isn't "fit" for
endurance...doesn't mean it isn't, it just means your horse isn't fit
to be
"their" endurance horse! Go for it, you never know what you'll
accomplish
with that "saddle horse" or "trail horse" of YOURS!
~ Darlene Anderson - DPD Endurance

One would think that logic would prevail. But then, if logic did prevail,
men would ride sidesaddle.
~  Bob Morris