[RC] Happy Birthday!! (Paanache x LS Zane Grey) - Beth Bennett

Hi all!
I have pestered the Ridecamp readers for 11 months now and my mare finally delighted us with a big beautiful colt this morning (April 18) at 6:30 a.m. EST! What a pretty boy he is! Any one interested in seeing some pics of him let me know, as I don't know how to post them to the digest. He still doesn't have a name yet despite my 3 year old's repeated exclamation "run like the wind Bullseye!" (For those of you without young children, Bullseye is Woody's horse in Toy Story 2.) Who knows, it may stick.

Thanks to all the well-wishers and people who gave info/advice/name ideas. I am very relieved that all is well with mom and baby. The vet will be out in the morning to give the final nod.

I do have a question however: This baby has only eaten from the left nipple; meanwhile, the right one just streams milk. Should I be worried about one side being over-nursed or milk wasting or anything like that?

Anyway, today my hopes and dreams lie with that little leggy knee-knocker out in the lot. . . that's good enough for now.

Beth Bennett, Paanache, and little bit
Chickamauga, GA

Get rid of annoying pop-up ads with the new MSN Toolbar ? FREE! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200414ave/direct/01/

for a wet, tired female Endurance Rider! A good crew person has patience, a
sense of humor, and knows that sometimes it's best to say nothing at all!
~  Jim Holland