Re: [RC] Old horse double bowed tendons - firedancefarms

Angie,
I thought I would post this to the list in case someone might be giving bute.  First, as you know, the pills are the way to go...paste is WAY too expensive!  And after all these years, guess what I discovered?  Bute disolves wonderfully in hot water!  I had been doing the microwave water thing, but two weeks ago I had a horse that needed bute, and my mortar and pestle were at school, and I didn't feel like walking up to the house.  I had been wasting my time!  Bute disolves in just plain hot tap water as well!  Wha-la...
I put them in a coffee cup, grind the pills up some with the end of my metal curry comb (a hair brush will work as well) put hot water in, stir, and pour over the feed!
Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians
http://pages.prodigy.net/firedancefarms