Re: [RC] Are you sure/Angie? & Buckets - Truman Prevatt

If anyone is looking for a 100 miler to give a horse religion - forget it. I won't work and it will have the opposite effect!  After I started doing 100's with the mare - she got more bull headed and harder to rate - not easier. After I started doing 100's on her I had more than one run away (not really a run away in the normal terms) where she just felt good and wanted to run and by golly that's what we were going to do. She wasn't running from anything or to anyplace she just felt good and wanted to run, "hang on dad."

After we stated doing 100's she started doing faster 50's - in some cases a lot faster. I sometimes had a say in how fast and then I sometimes didn't.

So don't look for 100's giving them religion. As Angie says it makes them stronger - a lot stronger ;-).

Truman

Ridecamp Guest wrote:
Please Reply to: Angie McGhee Rides2far@xxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"He's like sitting on the edge of a cliff waiting for an earthquake."  Tracy

(the one who wants a lock of Kaboot's hair in case cloning gets affordable)

Don't bother worrying about cloning Kaboot. Sounds like you already have. >g< I'll just give you one discouraging bit of advice. 100 milers didn't give him one bit of religion. They just made him stronger. :-P

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.