[RC] Protected rocks/ snakes - Julie Fuller

Okay, I can't resist.

A few years ago, while camping with my family in Leslie Gulch ( Totally AWESOME area, but they don't allow horses!) my step-mom, Beth and I succumbed to a bout of "rock picking" There are some wonderful rocks in this area, all colors, and tons of petrified wood as well.

We musta brought 150 pounds of rocks back to camp.... washed them all off, and proudly displayed our booty on a picnic table. We even took pictures!

Later that afternoon, we noticed a sign saying it was forbidden to take rocks from the area! We were bad.... we put the rocks away in the truck. But the funny thing was what Beth's son did. He's "delayed" (picture a giant 9 year old with a beard) and he's the sweetest, best kid in the world. He spent the rest of the day loudly announcing "I'm not putting those rocks back.... they stole them , they can put them back"

Julie

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse`s ears. ~ Arabian Proverb