[RC] space awareness - Ed Kilpatrick

this is a term i use, space awareness.  to me it means being aware of what is going on around you, and allowing enough space(distance) to act or react to whatever situations you encounter.  it applies to riding, working with horses, working with people, driving, everything, actually.  it helps me avoid accidents and enables me to work and do things in a safe manner.  i think some people just dont have a heightened sense of awareness, that knack for noticing whats normal, whats not, whats safe and whats not.  i think it is more of a learned behavior, rather than some innate ability.
so,  for all of us who are out there riding, crewing, volunteering, whatever you do at endurance rides, be constantly aware of what is going on around you.  close attention to details and quick reactions will prevent  accidents.     ed