Re: [RC] [RC] Fw: Volunteers at Rides - Being run over - Long - Ed & Wendy Hauser

"> understood the importance of the FEI ride.  As the P & R person was
taking
my guy's pulse, some riders came thundering toward us.  The had a large,
wide road to ride in, but they were galloping right at us"

My question is why was the PR person told to take the pulse in the road?  If
this was an FEI ride, the manager should have been experienced and set up PR
lanes in an area where the horses would not be racing.  The only person that
has to be right by the finish line is the in timer.  While timers often
write on cards in the road, they should watch and get out of way if a race
is happening.  Normally one can hear the racing horses for a long ways away,
that gives one some time.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx
406.642.6490

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is
noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience,
which is the bitterest.
~  Confucius