Re: [RC] Accident - DESERTRYDR1

Definitely if I had been riding alone, I don't think the accident would have
happened, as I would have been watching the trail a bit more closely. OTOH, if
I had been alone and it HAD happened, I would have been coyote bait.

Since the accident, I have put my mare with a trainer to work on her reaction
to things around her hind legs.  She had a couple wire accidents before this,
where she got hurt when no one was around and fought her way loose.  She used
to be good if she got caught up in something she would stand and wait for
someone to come rescue her, but the last couple times... and she's a wuss when
she gets hurt.  So, she is learning the proper behavior when feet get caught in
something.  It's hard, because she got to the point where she was REALLY
scared when something "got" her.

Incidentally, I have a total of TWO rides since my accident.  One to try out
my new-to-me Torsion saddle, only lasted about 5-10 minutes, then again
yesterday, a "real" ride at a walk, and some trot, both posting and sitting.
Only
15 minutes, but it gives me confidence that I WILL be back in the saddle very
shortly.  jeri
There are 2 ways to win at this sport. You take a horse and race him for a
short time and then find a new horse or you can take one horse , do the
homework and spend many miles and years enjoying that horse.
~  Paddi Sprecher