[RC] Sport Saddle slipping - Chris

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the Sport Saddle, having ridden in this one about 10 times
or so.  Today, on a very steep downhill, the saddle slipped down on my
horse's neck.  I don't ride with a crupper, or a breast collar, and would
like not to have to, if possible.  It also slips back on an uphill climb.

I'm not a lightweight rider-5' 10.5" and 179, so could this be part of the
problem?  It also tends to slip when I'm mounting unless I have it girthed
up pretty tight.  My Arab's withers are about average I would say.

Any suggestions from all of you experienced SS riders?

Thanks,

Chris

REAL endurance is eating egg salad sandwiches for 3 days straight!
~ Heidi Sowards