[RC] re: the best method to reform a dedicated puller - A. Perez

Don't know if it qualifies as a 'natural horsemanship' method,
or even 'the best' method, but here's what worked with both my
horses.  I run either a fairly thin cord or a chain though the
rings on the halter, up behind his ears (UNDER the crown peice
of the halter), with the ends coming through the ring under the
chin.  Knot or clip the ends together, and clip the lead to the
chain/cord instead of the halter.  This way when the horse sits
back, pressure is applied to the poll.  I like this approach
because the horse corrects himself, and when he stops pulling,
the pressure lets up, reinforcing the proper behavior (stopping
the pulling).  Even worked on Idiot Boy!

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag
Locks do not prevent theft, they only deter those in doubt.
~ Robert Morris