Re: [RC] Knee galls/Heidi - Chris Paus

If you've got one of those fleece saddle covers, they
also put the stirrup holes at the bottom of the flap,
so the leathers run down under the cover. I don't like
it that way, so I make new holes for my leathers at
the top of the cover.

chris
--- Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Please Reply to: Skyla SLStewart@xxxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Heidi, you ride a Wintec. If it is one of the newer
ones, then
 you do have the option of running your stirrup
straps under the
 flaps. It is the ONLY way I will ride anymore, love
it. :o)
 Check your stirrups hangers, if you have an opening
that goes,
all the way through, then you can try it under. I
think you will
find it to be more stable, as well as comfortable.
Good luck, Skyla

The very essence of our sport is doing the trail as
quickly as practicable,
while keeping one's horse fit to continue.  Taking
the clock out of the
equation makes it another sport altogether.  The
challenge is how to keep
the sport what it is while honing our skills (both
as riders and as those
in control roles) in detecting where "the edge" is
for each horse so that
we don't cross it.
~  Heidi Smith
ridecamp.net information:
http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus
We are talking about all the tools we can use to keep our horses safe and
alive at the rides. Training/conditioning is one of the best tools
available. It makes us better horseman and women, it benefits our horses
and could quite possibly be the key to preventing most crashes.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm