Re: [RC] [RC] Knee galls - heidi

OK, here's mine.  You might want to change your saddle completely.  A
total  overhaul because I suspect you've reached that age in life where
you need  more help from your saddle than you used to.  I'd recommend
going to an  endurance saddle that's more of a western type.  There's
tons of them out  there as I'm sure you know.  The inexpensive ones are
the Abetta and Big  Horn.  I'm seriously looking at that Torsion that
Bobbi Jo wrote about in  this month's Equs; looks really cool.  Bobbi Jo
rocks!

The leathers on a western saddle with those wide fenders certainly
wouldn't gall--but alas, they also don't have the freedom to get the
stirrups under you on our really STEEP hills.  (Imagine, Howard, that you
took Florida and stood it on its side--that's what the hill outside my
back gate looks like, and it goes pretty much straight up for 3500' in
elevation.  Heck, one old-timer said that if you shook the canyons and
mountains out of Idaho and laid it out flat, we'd be bigger than Texas...)
:-)

I <ahem> "outgrew" my Stübben, but the Wintec Pro Endurance has plenty of
seat room (seems to be a major complaint about it from some of the
featherweights) and it fits my horse.  It suits me pretty well too, other
than this one little problem...

But thanks for the offer...

Heidi

I don't think you have to join a gym or buy frilly outfits to get some
fitness.  A decent set of shoes and a 15 minute dismount here and there
will help.
~  Jon K. Linderman, Ph.D., FACSM, Assistant Professor of Health and Sport
Science, University of Dayton