Re: [RC] fresh meat - Kristen A Fisher

I am working with a little mare who turned 16 this year and trying to get
her ready for a 25 (she will be camping with us this weekend though not
entered - she seems like she needs only one thing at a time, so this is her
first thing).

This mare just came back to my trainers after being gone most of her life,
we had no idea what kind of shape she was in, and I thought she'd be the
cutest little endurance horse. She is the right size, has good big legs for
a petite thing, and has a pretty good disposition (she is 1/2 sister to my
gelding). She has no lateral flexion and likes to buck and rear at the walk,
but we are working on that, and for everything else that can be a PITA about
a horse, she's just got those 2 things (that we know of). And she's got a
step out little trot, and seems to recover VERY quickly. SO we'll see!

So essentially, I think a good prospect is a good prospect regardless of age
(unless it is very young or very old). Give it a try!
Kristen in TX