[RC] New Cyuma ride - Eatro

My wife Peggy and I did The New Cuyuma ride and what an experience it was!? It rained and was cold the night we got there. It was good that the weather was cold as it kept down the stench from all of the fresh pig kills along the trails. We rode a lot faster than we planned because we didn't realize that the remaining live pigs chasing us could go that fast! The pigs weren't as scary as the wild gate -?guarding?duck creature that kept reappearing throughout the ride protecting the many ranch gates that were to be closed along the way.??The terrain went from flat open meadows to steep 5400 foot mountains with treacherous spear like Yucca plants lining the 8 inch wide trail that disintegrated?slowly after each rider?passed by. ?
I did get to see one huge rattlesnake in one of the creeks we rode by....luckily on the OTHER side.
The last day was really hot and it made the quicksand at the river crossing seem much more inviting. ? The 16th horse that passed through it was never seen again, as per our warning at the ride camp meeting the night before.
The evenings were full of howls and screams from the many mountain lions and coyotes awaiting our arrival on the trails in the morning. ? It made it very hard to sleep.
All in all?I wouldn't recommend anyone do this ride.
As for me, I can't wait to get next years entry in