Re: [RC] Blind in One Eye Horse - Ed & Wendy Hauser

A horse that is blind in one eye can only see half as many things to shy at.

Seriously, I rode a mare on trail and in endurance that went blind in one eye.  She was the same after as before.  She learned that when she heard something on her blind side, she was allowed to turn her head to look.  The only problem I ever had was that every once in awhile if a drop-off was on her blind side she would forget it was there.  I would just turn her head and let her look.  (It did take a bit of training for her to understand if my knee said left, and I turned her head right she was just to look not go right.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875