RE: [RC] GMC/Dodge Diesels also Ford - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Robert Grosser rgrosser@be;;atlantic.net or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Not to change the subject.  One point of importance when purchasing a new
vehicle is to check into the type computer system the vehicle uses and the
ability of the dealership to correct computer malfunctions.  There is a system
used in Fords which most of us have never heard of or could imagine.  It?s
called "The Adaptive Learning Curve Computer" (Fords products for certain, GMC
and Dodge unknown).  Simply explained; the computer that controls/runs your
truck (engine and transmission) is programmed to learn as you drive, the
vehicle is supposed to give you the best fuel mileage/lowest emissions possible
for your driving style and conditions (this is a federally mandated thing).
Well, the bottom line is that you can train this thing incorrectly when
towing/hauling and the vehicle will give you the worst fuel economy imaginable
under all your driving conditions.

Do your homework prior to purchasing a new vehicle.  Search the web for all the
motor head web sites pertaining to diesel trucks and read the owner comments.

This is not intended to bash any new vehicle or the innovations undertaken by
vehicle manufactures.  Only a word of caution to the consumer before spending
$30,000 - $40,000 on a new truck.

Robert B. Grosser
rgrosser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is a partnership between horse and rider - we don't
have any jockeys out there, just pals and partners. We'd allow a rider with
a broken foot, a sore back and a nasty cold to compete - but we would never
let a horse in a similiar condition hit the trail.
~ Dr. Barney Flemming DVM