[RC] Leatherwood Crew Point - goearth

Its hard to imagine 1 tank of gas can take one so far as to a different language.  They use cricks for geographical distinctions, where up here we use hollers.  I had never been there and was amazed at the facilities, people, awards, food and trail and all the Ride Management, Vets and whoever the Timer is...(You done good) and a bunch of committed owners who really like Endurance Folk and do  all they can to make you feel welcome.  The trail was either up or down and they are going to have a 75 but a 100 is too much on those trails, they say.  Showers and a Restaurant on site...how good can it get?  The security was so good the had a car driving thu checking things out and Animal Tacker left their stuff outside for any thief to contemplate and keys in the ignition and purses laid out on seats.No crooks i saw.  The weather was perfect and i didn't see anyone tied up to jug tree, even tho they went FAST.  I liked this place a whole lot better than Love Valley and the story of Thomas Dula AKA Tom Dooley was my history lesson recanted by Brenda Gail our waitress and local historian, cause it happened across some cricks from near there.  People can have many different plans and goals for rides but its one heck of a good training ground.  I didn't know most of the folks, but the girl that won looked very good coming across the finish line and in my opinion deserved BC so i wasn't suprised to see she did, and the locals did very good.  What i really Love about these Endurance Rides is going to some place i never would have and see new places and meet new people and learn new history from the place it happened.  We are all so fortunate and should  be so happy and grin ear to ear and let the few snots drink coffee in Florida and tell them to stay down there cause i hear they got plenty of assisted living facilities for the ole uns.  I missed Susans coffee and her horse looked good but...Susan had a C Gait, tho she had an A Attitude.  I give the Leatherwood 5 Stars *****(out of 5). tom sites