[RC] trailer chest protection ideas? - Laurie Durgin

I am fixing up my new 2h. I undercoated the wheel wells. I added pipe insulation as padding for the divider bar. And have some coating to put on the sidewalls (it is a galveneel steel stocktype 2h with one open panel about 8" the length of the trailer.) S &H Thundercloud
Anyway.
It has a steel chest wall I want to pad it somehow.And have an idea or two .One is to use some kind of boat boey bumpers (like they use on docks? )I have seen a trailer with one.At Walmart they have a small one (about 3-4" diameter and a large one about 8" diamenter)The small looks too small, the large I thought might take up too much room .For my arabs they have like 1.5-2 ft. extra length, but my 3 yr old will be longer than them.
I also thought of the closed cell foam mats you take camping . But having trouble thinking of a way to attach them. I can cove ranthing with a sewn vinyl cover if I need too.
I know there are chest mats, but they don't look very 'substantial'. Of course I will put shipping boots or wraps on for leg protection, but don't want them banging around in there without something but the steel wall. Not lined.
Thanks , Laurie /Rascal/Honey/Scout

Get tax tips, tools and access to IRS forms ? all in one place at MSN Money! http://moneycentral.msn.com/tax/home.asp

It is how we "feel" deep inside that matters, cause each of us knows the
truth, regardless of how we try make it complicated.  It just isn't.
~ Frank Solano