Re: [RC] Overdue Mare - heidi

This question is not really endurance related.
My mare was due March 5th to have a foal
and tho the vet seems to think everything is alright
I am worried about her being overdue this long.

Should I be worried?

Heck, no!  Horses have the most variable gestation length of any domestic
species, with normal gestation ranging from 305 days on the short end up
to 395 days on the long end.

Personally, within my own herd, I've had one go as short as 312 days and
one go as long as 383 days, and I have an entire family that routinely
goes over a year.

Heidi

Prudence and focus will carry you a long way on a horse.
~  Frank Solano