[RC] Moving to Minneapolis - sherman

A friend/neighbor is having to relocate from the foothills of No. California to Minneapolis and would like some input from the horse community as to where she should look to buy. She's thinking that in order to be able to ride much, due to the many days of freezing temps, she should be near a boarding facility with an indoor arena (and maybe access to trails as she has no trailer), rather than have her own horse property. Any suggestions? I'll pass the info along to her as she is not on-line. You're welcome to respond directly to my e-mail address.
Thanks,
Kathy