[RC] Joint Supplements - k s swigart

Jennifer said:

I have decided to forego purchasing any more oral joint supplements,
as none of them have ever really been scientifically proven to
work,...

Actually, a double blind clinical trial was done by Dr. Hillary Clayton
(I think) at University of Michigan (I think) on the oral joint
supplement Corta-Flx and improvement in hock range of motion of
arthritic horses was observed after two weeks of using it (if I remember
correctly).

You could probably find an on-line version of the article reporting the
study in The Horse magazine (because I think that that is where I read
it...but not sure, it was about 12-18 months ago).

kat
Orange County, Calif.

p.s. Adequan and injectable glucosamine are not the same thing and as
far as I know, no clinical trials have been one on the injectable
glucosamine.

The active ingredient in Adequan and Chondroprotec are the same,
however, they are labeled for different uses, which may be nothing more
than a legal technicality, but I wouldn't swear to it.

REAL endurance is your water freezing IN the cantle bags!
~ Heidi Sowards