Re: [RC] High Ties - Jim & Drin Becker

Barbara wrote
"I have a question for people who use Hi Ties: what happens if you have a
horse that is a puller?  The kind that will lean back against a rope and
just hang there with all of his weight until the snap breaks.  In which case
you use a heavy rope with a bull snap that he can't break, but he will just
almost sit down while pulling.  Can a Hi Tie survive that?????

Well my homemade one can Barbara , it is made out of 2" heavy wall steel tubing  bolted into a plate with another plate on the inside of the trailer . Very easy to make if you have a welder in the family .It is heavy to put into place but worth it to not have to worry about anything breaking during the night . I also cannot hear or feel any movement with it .
                Drin Becker
                Mtn Region