Re: [RC] Electric fence/pasture - Truman Prevatt

What ever you use you need to insure a good ground. My neighbor put in electrobraid. It's probably a good system - however, one of this horses was at our barn every morning. Problem was his ground was not sufficient for the length of fence he was driving.

So if you use electric make sure your ground is adaquate.

Ed & Wendy Hauser wrote:
I have always used electric fence for my critters.  A few years ago I started replacing my wire with Horseguard wide tape.  Their URL is:

They sell in 3 colors.  I have used the brown.  My horses respect and see it just like their web information says.  The tape, and connectors are of very high quality.  (It is made in France.  Given my feelings about France and things French, I looked at their stuff hard before sending in my first order.)  The quality and ease of use are much better than the stuff sold at most farm stores.  I have tried that also to save money, the quality just is not there.

I do not like their switches as much as the cheaper common one's.  The visible on/off is nice, but the wind seems to turn them off sometimes.  I have also used the cheaper steel cored underground wire, commonly sold at the local farm store.  It is harder to put in, but much cheaper.

I have purchased from them numerous times, and had nothing but good service.  My present place came with some barb wire fence.  I am going to add on strand of Horseguard on standoffs to increase safety.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx
406.642.6490

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.