RE: [RC] [RC] Field Trial Stakeout vs hi-Tie etc - terry banister

Are these the "picket pins" listed in the Outfitters Supply catalogs next to the highline equipment? I have been wanting to try it out, but haven't known anyone who uses it. It looks so simple!
We don't usually have 24-foot of space for our horse at ridecamps, but it would be a great option for the times when we do.
Terry
"May the Horse be with you"

>From: Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [RC] Field Trial Stakeout vs hi-Tie etc
>Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:04:42 GMT
>
>Please Reply to: Ray O'Donohue rno2m@xxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Please search the ridecamp archives for my instructions on this several years ago,and please read the following from another post I made on this when we were discussing it.There is NO better way to confine a horse.: "Folks,when I flamed re The Field Trial Stakeout rig a few months
>ago,the response was generally poor.But I must return to my theme,after
>hearing Ted's stories,for the sake of the animals.THERE IS NOTHING THAT
>CAN WORK AS WELL,OR AS SAFELY!It can safely hold any
>horse,anywhere,quickly and conveniently.In an emergency,I could safely
>stake Chico in the median strip of an interstate highway,thus giving
>him a grassy 24 foot refuge.If anyone wants to learn how to rig one of
>these things properly(there are some out there rigged wrong)call me at
>804 589 1995 evenings EDT,and have a notepad.I cannot/will not re-type
>the instructions.They are in the archives(January?)"
>
>===========================================================Why should I look good if I don`t smell good?
>~ author unknown
>
>ridecamp.net information: http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar ? get it now! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

I still prefer what it is that BH100, Tevis, The Duck's Soup of Endurance,
etc. has to offer...but, to see a horse canter over sand for those
distances...Good Lord, it humbles me.
~  Frank Solano