From: Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   Setting Fire to Tents a/k/a Cut-throat Competition
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:59:08 GMT

Please Reply to: Christina CSchiro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am conditioning my horse for CTR's and possibly LD ER's. However, last weekend while riding with a new friend, she mentioned a horrible experience she had at her very first ER ride that was a few years ago in Florida. Because of it, she will never participate in ER rides again. She is going to stick with the CTRs because the people are friendlier, more helpful, and not cut-throat like the ER crowd. Apparantly, at this ER the night before the ride, someone cut a couple of tents with a knife, and another one was set on fire! I am hoping that this is just an isolated incident and that ER people are not REALLY like this?? Any comments??
Christina

===========================================================I still prefer what it is that BH100, Tevis, The Duck's Soup of Endurance,
etc. has to offer...but, to see a horse canter over sand for those
distances...Good Lord, it humbles me.
~ Frank Solano

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar ? get it now! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

One would think that logic would prevail. But then, if logic did prevail,
men would ride sidesaddle. ~ Bob Morris