RE: [RC] [RC] endurance pad choices - terry banister

Depending on the style of the Aussie saddle, a thin pad may be all that is required. The Aussie saddles with the stuffing similar to an English saddle are not supposed to be ridden with a thick pad.
Also, some of the styles of Aussie saddles are meant to have the leather sweat flap against the horse's side, and do not require a pad with the long dressage-style flaps.
In other words, a simple Navajo pad is what was recommended to be used with my Aussie saddle from the Australian Stock Saddle Co.
Check out Collin Dangaard's website: www.aussiesaddle.com, then e-mail him with your questions.
Terry
"May the Horse be with you"

>From: "A. B. Wakeman" <lang_girl@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [RC]   endurance pad choices
>Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:11:27 -0800 (PST)
>
>i have an aussie saddle that i am using with a thin,
>cotton dressage pad.  now, i know that the pad won't
>do, so what do you guys suggest i look at?  i have a
>bit of a budget, so nothing crazily priced, but i do
>want my horse to be comfortable.
>
>ashlee

>Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time.
>http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
>Locks do not prevent theft, they only deter those in doubt.
>~ Robert Morris
>
>ridecamp.net information: http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/

Get rid of annoying pop-up ads with the new MSN Toolbar ? FREE! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200414ave/direct/01/

Of course things aren't perfect,  perfect doesn't exist on this earth.
Doesn't mean we won't go on trying to get better at what we do. Besides, if
everything was perfect today, what would you do tomorrow? Slamming each
other doesn't get anything done.
~  Dot Wiggins