[RC] Laminitis Supplement Suggestions? - JANISPHELPS

Here's what we know:  A dear horse of mine has been diagnosed with early stages of laminitis with the barest minimal rotation in one foot.  Since he was a starved/beaten rescue horse two years ago, we have no real history.  We brought him back to his normal weight slowly.  His diet has been grass hay, beet pulp, a very small part of a flake of alfalfa, and carrots for the time we have had him.  He was on a small amount of equine senior feed, but that has been discontinued at the vet's suggestion.  He has a tendency to flat soles and tender feet.  We've had one bout of stone bruise turning into abcess and complete recovery.  He is being shod as the vet recommends.  He is still on Bute until the vet says stop.  The rest is guess work.  His 1/2 acre pasture is soft and he has an old friend Arab gelding to walk around and talk to.

Here's what we need to know:  What else can we do?  Does anyone have any suggestions for supplements or feed additions.  We want to keep this from growing worse.  Any help would be deeply appreciated.  He's such a nice horse and has come so far from his pitiful history that we want to give him the best we can for as long as possible.  Many thanks. J