Re: [RC] blue tarps, and other scary stuff - Chris Paus

LOL, Lonnie.. had the same experience!

My filly Ali, the one that I took to the awful clinic,
did a similar thing. She sees everything as a
potential toy. One day there was a blue walmart
plastic bag in the field. She grabbed it and shook it
at the mares. Of course they ran and I could tell that
Ali was just laughing her head off....She'd wait til
the mares got all settled down and quietly eating and
then she'd rattle that bag at them again and send them
flying! She did that several times .. so I KNOW she's
not a spooky horse and she  does use her brain for
problem solving and she has a sense of humor.

chris
--- Lonnie Ruesch <lonnieruesch@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thought I would share a funny story.  My l/2 Arab
mare Jasmine is pretty
non-spooky, however she "glues an eye" on anything
she passes that is white
- especially when it is flapping in a breeze.  When
we got her first filly,
we spent a lot of time imprinting her, rubbing her
all over with everything
we could think of, including white plastic grocery
bags.  One day one of
these bags was picked up by a breeze and carried
into the field.  The filly,
JasAbu thought "This is a fine toy, think I'll go
show it to mom."  The look
on Jasmine's face as her filly chased her around the
field was priceless - a
cross between "Oh, no.  That flapping white thing is
trying to get me - I
have to run away!" and "Eek, it has my baby's
face!."

Lonnie

Find a broadband plan that fits. Great local deals
on high-speed Internet
access.

https://broadband.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/

People in Alabama swear by manure tea as an herbal
remedy for colds.
~ Lisa Redmond

ridecamp.net information:
http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus
You don't have to be a 100-mile rider or a multi-day rider to be an
endurance rider, but if you want to experience the finest challenges our
sport has to offer, you need to do both of those.
~ Joe Long