From: Chris Paus <paus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: RideCamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   GRRRR a little vent...
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 05:25:33 -0800 (PST)

Took my coming 4YO filly to a clinic yesterday for my
distance riding group. It was at a paint breeder's
farm and the breeders are 3 years into a natural
horsemanship program with a big name guru.

A little back ground, I bred this filly and have been
with her every day of her life. she has been lightly
under saddle for a year with no bucking, no problems.
She's just been an absolute gem to work with. In the
last couple of months, we've begun serious trail
training and she's just done everything I've asked of
her. She's not spooky, she's smart and willing to try
new things.

I thought this might be a good learning experience for
Ali and she might get to do some things that are fun
and interesting for her. It turned out that I carried
home some very negative feelings about people who are
supposed to be kinder gentler trainers, but who don't
read the horse very well!

I've decided after going to a lot of clinics that most
of the "natural horsemanship trainers" spend a lot of
time with ONE horse. That horse becomes their demo
horse and will do anything, including make sandwiches
and do the dishes. I have half a dozen horses to work
with.

Get rid of annoying pop-up ads with the new MSN Toolbar ? FREE! http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200414ave/direct/01/

REAL endurance is dressing for 20 degrees in the AM and by noon its 85
degrees!
~ Heidi Sowards