Re: [RC] [RC] APF - Howard Bramhall

I find it quite ironic, Heidi, that you continuously keep referring back to the Welfare of the Horse when, if memory serves me, you were totally against the formation of this Committee prior to the AERC Convention last year. So, unless you've changed your mind from last year, please tell us which hat you're wearing now. Drug Czar or Horse Welfare????

cya,
Howard (I'll dig those posts up if I have to; but, there's so many with her name on them it might take awhile)

Somebody quoted another ride vet as saying that one can get a horse
through a sprint with drugs, but not through an endurance ride.  With
reference to drugs that control pain and inflamation, I agree.  What we
NEED to do here, instead of diluting the drug rule, is to further educate
people that trying to hold a competing horse together metabolically with
drugs is even more risky than trying to hold him together biomechanically
with drugs.  It may be less obvious to the casual observer, but it is MORE
dangerous to the horse himself!  Truman, you need to understand what Rule
13 is really about, and put your Horse Welfare hat back on.

Heidi

============================================================ Arabians were bred for years primarily as a war horse and those requirements are similar to what we do today with endurance riding. ~ Homer Saferwiffle

There is no better way to see the world than from the back of a horse. ~ Teddy Roosevelt