To: msofen@xxxxxxxxxxx
From: Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 03/18/2004 07:30PM
cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Beagles in endurance?

Boris,

You forget one thing. Begals are hounds. Hounds have a mind of theirown and nothing in that mind is programmed to listen to anything ahuman says. So I suspect unless you want to go running corss countythrough the brush chasing rabbits instead of the others in theendurance race - you better find something other than a hound dog.

Your friend
Bullwinkle

Mike Sofen wrote:
I have a really well-conformed beagle...well, it sort of looks like abeagle, but anyway, he eats and drinks really well and even though none ofmy saddles fit him, I'm totally sure he'll make a fantastic endurance mount.Granted, my feet will drag on the ground, and he might get a sore back, butsheesh, I won't need a trailer or even a truck to get him to a ride, and Ican pack enough puppy chow to hold him over for a month.What do you think?  Has anyone ever ridden a beagle in endurance?Boris Badenov(remember - I also sell bridges)

--

Weimitate our mastersonly because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

becausein doing so welearn the truth about what cannot be imitated.

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]-->  <!--[endif]-->

===========================================================Arabians were bred for years primarily as a war horse and those requirements are similar to what we do today with endurance riding. ~ Homer Saferwiffle ridecamp.net information: http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/ ===========================================================
--- End Message ---