Fwd: [RC] APF - WESWEIMWALK

--- Begin Message ---
Truman wrote:

> "Interesting - the AERC accepts money for advertisement for this product.  Could that be
> interpreted as an endorsement of the product and the claims of the product being
> "nutritional support?" I don't remember reading any disclamers in the EN concerning the
> advertisements."

The AERC's "disclaimer" is that the *rider* is responsible for their
horse and following AERC's rules.  The next thing you'll do is lose
us Sandia Trailer Sales advertising and support because of some
liability in the case of an accident.  Great, Truman.

When did this country get so damn litigation happy?  Why does
everything have to be somebody else's fault?  Why can't people
just take responsibility for themselves and their actions?

Per APF, I know Joy and Dr. Mike personally.  He is a GREAT vet.
He has developed APF over many years.  I have used it myself and
would still use it, if I could afford it. ;-)  However, my latest decision
would be to use it during training to help my horse adapt to training
stresses and then stop using it 4 days before a ride.  It really
depends on whether or not giving APF during the ride helps the
horse on the ride day specifically, or just over a period of time.  The
rider needs to make an informed decision from there.  The AERC
can make a decision based on a random drug test *OR* eye
witness testimony from other riders...  (ie, I saw this rider do that).

I am positive Kirsten was trying to share her good experiences with
people here on Ridecamp regarding a product she's been doing well
with and likes.  I'd imagine that if she has become aware of questions
regarding using it during competitions and subsequent performance
enhancement from using it during competitions, she would choose to
withdraw it a few days prior.

Per "substances", I found that using Dynamite vitamins and hoof
products help my old TB Magnum grow much better hoof.  My arab
does not need hoof supplements so he only gets vitamins.  These
substances are allowed.  Neither one enhances performance or masks
a problem on a specific day by giving it during competition.

That does not, however, mean that everything given during training is
allowed under Rule 13.  For example:  Androgens.  Clearly training on
androgens is not riding a horse only under it's own natural abilities.

Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM

--- End Message ---