[RC] [RC] Pasos, sore backs - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Nicole z_arabs@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Has anyone else found this, or found that a well-conditioned
horse has a higher pulse when in gait?

Considering that many horses will have a drop in their pulse
when switching from trot to canter or vice versa, I wouldn't be
at all surprised if gaited horses have a difference between trot
and gaiting (one way or the other).

One comment on the riding-position/sore back issue - there is
an article at centeredriding.org that talks about how
Centered Riding principles are universal and apply to all
breeds/gaits.

Thank you!!  I didn't think to look there.  I'll send the link
along to my friend and maybe she will send it along to her mother.  I really
should just stay out of it, but I hate seeing
these horses hurt like they do.  (One solution has been that I
don't ride with the friend when her mother is along.  But that
doesn't help the horses any.)

~Nicole

There is no better way to see the world than from the back of a horse.
~  Teddy Roosevelt