[RC] project horse canters!!!!! - Kathie Ford

Hi all!  Thought I'd share this news about the horse we are trying to rehab!  He Cantered!!

He is starting to gain weight, and Sunday as I was getting his paddock ready for the day (he's been outside at night in pasture, and inside during the day for shelter as the sudden increase in temps were making him uncomfortable) he saw me and nickered and came cantering over to me, even shaking his head!!! He feels good and is getting stronger! He was so weak last week he couldn't walk too good....I was a little worried..but...Now he canters to greet you!!  WOW~!!

Was very exciting! Brought tears to my eyes!!  It was very rewarding to see him looking like this and being so expressive and happy!!!!

He is eating, drinking and everything well, and goes on a daily walk with my husband..they both a little "off" on the left side!!

A friend of mine who is a EMT has donated her services for massage too, so he gets free massages!!!  Seems to feel so much better!  His stifle on the left is very weak, but is getting stronger. We are trying to help him build muscle as he gains weight.

He is so cute.  A friend of mine has a digital camera (right Kathy?) and we are gonna try and take some photos of Pops. Will try to post them on RC.

Anyway, so far so good!! Yipee!

kathie