[RC] I *thought* a rack was also a two-beat gait. - A. Perez

Nope.  ideally should be an evenly spaced 4 beats.

"In the rack, the speed is increased to be approximately that of
the pace, but instead of being a two-beat gait like the trot and
the pace, it is a four-beat gait with equal intervals between
each beat. The fast trot is difficult to sit because between
beats the body of the horse actually falls (just as for humans
running is a coordinated rapid process of falling forth and
catching oneself). Each time another diagonal pair of legs hits
the ground, the rider is given a strong upward impulsion and
meets the horse with some force on the way back down. But in the
rack the impulsive "explosions" are each divided in half because
the hooves hit the ground individually rather in pairs. " from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_gaits#The_Rack

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag
Of course things aren't perfect,  perfect doesn't exist on this earth.
Doesn't mean we won't go on trying to get better at what we do. Besides, if
everything was perfect today, what would you do tomorrow? Slamming each
other doesn't get anything done.
~  Dot Wiggins