From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Ridecamp Guest
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 12:12 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] APF

Please Reply to: Kirsten Berntsen
wildeye_arabians@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

APF:

I received a large number of requests to post some
infomration on my success with APF.  I also just learned
that Jamie Kerr is now endorsing APF.

I have a very nervous mare that has an unusal muscle
condition(PSM).  She performs very well but at ride
sometimes there just this adrenaline behavior where she just
can't settle down. Her pulse will be 40, yet she will be
shaking from anticipation.

I put her on APF as a test,  there are no downside affects
to APF, so I read some material and decided to give it a go.
I put her on APF three weeks before the Smokey Killen 3 day
ride.  She was pretty mellow at vet in, no significant
changes until the PR's during the ride.  Oh My,  she has
always pulsed okay but never a real low pulse during the
ride,  48-56 range.  She pulsed in all day at 44-40 and
finally after 8 high vet scores, she finally got her Best
Condition.  I can not say how it has improved her
recoveries, but it helped with the visible stress as I am
sure it did with the internal stress.  Even at twenty mule
team we trotted in at 65 miles, stopped for 5 seconds and
they were at 60.

I am so please with this product.  If anyone has any
questions please contact me.

Kirsten and Pizzazz

====================
You don't have to be a 100-mile rider or a multi-day rider
to be an endurance rider, but if you want to experience the
finest challenges our sport has to offer, you need to do
both of those. ~ Joe Long

it is that BH100, Tevis, The Duck's Soup of Endurance,
etc. has to offer...but, to see a horse canter over sand for those
distances...Good Lord, it humbles me.
~  Frank Solano