Re: [RC] [RC] ? TWH Advice - Mary Sutliff

The only thing I don't want my gaited horses-Paso Finos- to do is pace.
I would never teach them to trot!  Of our five one will try to pace if
he's tired, one sneaks in a few trotting steps now and then and the
other 3 gait all the time.  I don't think the corto is hard on them.
They can go for miles in gait and we have 2 that just sail along
effortlessly in Largo.  Actually my favorite is the one who trots a step
now and then.  He has a wonderful canter & nice corto but his largo is
not as fast as 2 of the others.  The thing is they're all a little
different.  Find out what your gaited horses best gait is and develope
that gait for your distance gait.

There is no better way to see the world than from the back of a horse.
~  Teddy Roosevelt