[RC] Milk of Magnesia for Colic - Jim Holland

Jeannie Waldron, DVM has written two EXCELLENT articles on colic in the
February and March issues of EN.  This month she mentioned using Milk of
Magnesia for colic symptoms.  Have never heard of giving this to a
horse...my mother used to give me that stuff....YUCK!..., but sounds like a
good idea....may add it to my emergency kit.

I guess you just give it in a syringe?  Anybody used this? How much is a
"dose" for a horse? When would you use this instead of Banamine?

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic

I don't think you have to join a gym or buy frilly outfits to get some
fitness.  A decent set of shoes and a 15 minute dismount here and there
will help.
~  Jon K. Linderman, Ph.D., FACSM, Assistant Professor of Health and Sport
Science, University of Dayton