Re: [RC] grazing muzzle for fat horse - Chris Paus

These are a wonderful invention. I also had an easily foundered pony. Unfortunately for Honey, she was far too clever for her own good. I had the muzzle/halter combo. She found a zillion ways to get it off! She'd rub it on trees or a fence post until she could get it off her head. She was quite a little stinker.  I  wish it had worked for her because we finally had to euthanize her because of her chronic laminitis.  chris

DarkHorseGoddess@xxxxxxx wrote:
>>Was wondering if anyone had used a grazing muzzle with any success and how long did you leave it on every day?

Hello...I have been using the grazing muzzle on my 10 hand pony for the last 4 or so years, I really like it. Without it Hercules would not be able to go out into the pasture. He wears it from about 6 am to 8pm, or until I bring the horses into the barn or paddock for overnight. HE only uses the muzzle during the grazing season.

This year I retired Wizard due to a loss of vision and he is also an easy keeper, so I will be buying Wizard a grazing muzzle.

I use the Best Friends Grazing Muzzle, if you get the cheaper one that attaches to a halter, please make sure you use a breakaway halter.

Don't worry about your horse not liking it, they get used to it and well, it's good for them. It's good founder insurance. Raven

"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus