Re: [RC] Effects of Aloe Vera consumption - Susan E. Garlinghouse, DVM

I did a quick search on Google and found a bunch of hits.  Knowlege of
Aloe
Vera's healing properties for wounds go back to Alexander the Great.

Well, yes, although the benefits all seem to be anecdotal.  The clinical
research on its purported effects on topical burns and such did not
demonstrate any particular benefits or decreased healing time versus a
control of "no treatment".  However, I agree it's harmless and I don't know
of any research specifically with internal useage.

Combinations: Take in conjunction with antispasmodics or carminatives to
counteract griping.

Maybe we could require riders to take it prior to the start as a protective
strategy for ride vets, ride managers, crew and volunteers?<g>

Susan G

SUSAN E. GARLINGHOUSE, DVM, MS
Michael S. Peralez, DVM & Associates
1005 North Santa Anita Drive
Arcadia, California 91006
(626) 446-8911
http://www.shady-acres.com/susan

One of the great joys of being a pompous idiot is that you can do and think
whatever you want.
~  Homer Safferwiffle