From: "Ridecamp Guest" <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 12:53 PM
Subject: [RC] Horse Insurance

Please Reply to: Sheila Larsen Sheila_Larsen@xxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Does anyone out there insurance their horse for major medical/surgery?  I
have called several companines and they will not insure endurance horses for
major medical/surgery.  They classify endurance horses as "race horses".
Reining horses, cutting horses, event horses, hunter/jumpers can get major
medical/surgical but not endurance horses.  So that means you cann't get
colic surgeries covered.  Any reference would be greatly appreciated.  A
side note, doesn't seem like insurance company rates are set by
knowledgeable horse people (but I am a little cranky right now about the
whole thing).  thanks for any info.

Prudence and focus will carry you a long way on a horse.
~  Frank Solano

It is how we "feel" deep inside that matters, cause each of us knows the
truth, regardless of how we try make it complicated.  It just isn't.
~ Frank Solano