Re: [RC] [RC] Welfare Committee Data - DESERTRYDR1

Off base again Howard.

#1 Any Mentor program has to be voluntary.

#2  I rode with someone who had about 1500 miles when I started, I thought
she knew everything I would need to know.  Fact is, the number of miles has
nothing to do with someone's ability to read their horse, and especially with
their ability to read another rider and that rider's horse, which is what a
mentor
needs to be able to do, if they are to effectively help.

#3  I doubt if I had 3000 miles would I have the ability to tell a newbie any
more than "Do lots of LSD miles with this horse, in conditioning and in
competition.  Think of your horse first at all times"  And I doubt if those
words
would do any good.

DON'T mandate things that need to spring up as a natural part of the whole
endurance/LD/ridecamp (Not this one) experience.  jeri
Far back, far back in our dark soul the horse prances... The horse, the
horse! The symbol of surging potency and power of movement, of action...
~  DH Lawrence