[RC] Vac Reaction Followup - Roger Rittenhouse

Re: the serious reaction to Ft Dodge  EEE/EWE/T. All is now well. The
last one was better by Sat - a whole week after the shot.
Carol had to stay home from AERC Conv to give bute  and DMSO paint 2
times per day.

I rode today. He went well.

After much discussion with a few vets here (mine and one at UT) as
well as others at the Conv, it appears there may be some question
about the new WNV from Merial.
I have decided the best course of action will be to use the FTD WNV..
and hope they do not react.
We used it 3 times with no ill effects.
I will have to wait until after the ride next weekend . Along with
giving them more time to rebuild the immune system.
I have them all on 2500IU vit E, 2 mgc Sel and 2000 Mg Vit C per day
plus garlic. I may start them all on DMG  since it is' suppose' to
help with the immune system.. not much science there though.

I did detox them all with ABC Detox.. may help and wont harm..

I have decided to NOT give the EPM shot this year.. dont think based
on professional advice it really does anything.. my guys are
saturated with EPM anyway.. dead possums all over the place up here.

I am only concerned about WNV now.

Roger Rittenhouse
www.vmaxept.com
800 655 8629
pictures  http://community.webshots.com/user/psdendurance

If you treat an Arab like a Thoroughbred, it will behave like a Quarter
horse.
~  Libby Llop