[RC] genetic craziness?(long) - RENESPONY

with all this talk of genetic diseases i thought i would pop a question out
that i have been trying to research and have been pondering.
i have an opportunity to get an Arab mare for free. the problem is that she
is crazy.
the story goes like this:
6 yo Doyle/davenport Egyptian. the breeder moved and left her and her full
sister behind, giving her to a friend of mine with a big place. she was 2 at
the
time.
she was too  much for my experienced horse friend to handle.
she made a deal with a trainer to break the both of them and he could keep
one as payment. he had a hell of a time with one who became "spice" and kept
the
sister "sugar". what a nice guy.
so spice comes back to us, green broke, but still crazy. eyes popping out of
her head, nervous. takes 2 people to move her from stall to paddock.
she is still the same way today. i seem to like her though. i can do things
with her that others cant, and she rubs on me and nickers after me, something
that has never happened with other people in 4 years that ive known her. she
can be brushed, and handled so long as you are very slow and quiet. loud noises
send her into panic mode. i was grooming her one day and the horse in the next
stall kicked the wall, it sent her spinning. she should be used to some
things, like everyday noises, and general farm sounds.
but no, the tractor that goes by her pen everyday for the last 3 years still
makes her run the pen. her blanket scares her everyday.she literally shakes
when nervous
her owner has traveled to see the dam of this mare and she behaves the same
way.
we are not talking flighty, this is total panic,
i could just imagine trying to ride her, she would be terrified of the world,
especially on a trail ride with unknowns coming at you.
am i wasting my time? can this mare ever do anything with her life? everyday
is a struggle. a waste of such a nice horse. this is such a challenge, i want
to learn and understand more.
we have another genetic example: a welsh pony comes in starved, and she is
hard to handle too, we figure someone beat her. has a colt that is crazy from
the minute it hits the ground. behaves worse than the mother. there should be
no
reason for his behavior. we call him Chaos.
he  would kill himself before he let you touch him. was handled from birth,
and took 3 years to halter break, has never been ridden and still requires a
catch rope in a small pen. when he couldn't climb over the top of the round
pen,
he tried to crawl under it. when you do catch him you better not take him too
far you got about 3 minutes  of his attention.
I watched him run head first into a stone wall to avoid being caught, I
though for sure he cracked his skull, but he got up and ran faster.

when the colt was gelded, it took 4 men to hold him down and he was fighting
enough tranq to kill a draft. he is about 400 lb. and will drag you to your
death. he reminds me of those videos of deer trapped in peoples homes, crashing
into walls, jumping through windows, fighting for their lives till they either
get away or get killed. he is much worse that spice, he cant even be groomed
without jumping on top of you.
These horses should be at a university being studied. 2 different breeds and
back grounds, same behaviors.
What genetic factors lead to this wild behavior, like everyday is their first
day on earth?

Rene and Rugby
There is no better way to see the world than from the back of a horse.
~  Teddy Roosevelt