Re: [RC] horse corrals - rides2far

i have tied a line from the trailer to a tree,
attaching his lead to this line so that he can move
back and forth at will.  however, now i know that i am
not supposed to do that.

It's according to where you're going. I've been able to do that at every
ride where they've had a tree for me to tie to. There's a couple of
rides, like Biltmore where trees aren't available, but after using a PVC
corral, a metal corral, an electric corral and a high line, I prefer the
high line.
When I put it up I run the rope through a  shipping boot  to protect the
tree bark and attach a knot eliminator far enough away from the trunk to
see that he doesn't chew bark. Just check the regulations at the camp
you're going to.

If you happen to have a good sized trailer I had a friend who put rings
at each end of his trailer and a cable between them making a sort of
"high line" that ran up and down the side of the trailer. But they said
when you slept in it you heard "zip, zip, zip" all night so maybe
something quieter than a metal cable would be nice. The high ties look
interesting but I haven't used one.

P.S. If worse comes to worse, many a good horse has stood tied to the
trailer. Just make sure they're comfortable, can reach their water & hay,
clean up around them and take them for walks often.

Angie

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
REAL endurance is reading the LD vs. Endurance thread/debate every 3
months!!!
~ Heidi Sowards