[RC] AERC Convention - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Alexandra Luck m17071 dancingarab87@xxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

   Firstly, I would like to state I mean not to be rude or disrespectful, but
only to post a well supported opinion.
I would like to send out a response to the national awards banquet as a yong
rider in our family orintated sport. I am ashamed, embarrassed, and disgusted
with the pathetic level of comedy our source of entertainment fell to, it is a
poor representation of a group of otherwise self respecting adults and
families. I was appalled with the jokes told and write this message with no
feelings against the person that told them, other than to comment that the
jokes although seemingly well recieved would be much better placed in a trashy
bar. I personally was sitting at a table with two other teenagers and a junior
rider all of whom I respect. I know that at least I, the two girls I was
sitting with, and my mother were disgusted and embarrassed with this
entertainment, with famlies and childern present. I am asking that next time an
AERC function is considering representativees that they would see fit to choose
self respecting adults that would guard their language and humor to best fit
the audience.

aren't perfect,  perfect doesn't exist on this earth.
Doesn't mean we won't go on trying to get better at what we do. Besides, if
everything was perfect today, what would you do tomorrow? Slamming each
other doesn't get anything done.
~  Dot Wiggins