Re: [RC] [RC] Genetic diseases - Truman Prevatt

I found the reference I read. I was posted on ridecamp a week or so back by DarkHorseGoddess (as Howard would say - got to love that name, what a great name for wimmen(anything Goddess ;-))

http://www.thehorse.com/news.asp?fid=5037

Truman

Ridecamp Guest wrote:
Please Reply to: Nicole z_arabs@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't know anything about any "new Poco Bueno thing."

kat,

It's a recessive, like SCID.  It apparently causes a skin
condition that's pretty nasty sounding, and life threatening.
Unlike SCID there is no test yet (it's just now been discovered
that it is indeed genetic), so it's not yet manageable.

~Nicole

If you treat an Arab like a Thoroughbred, it will behave like a Quarter
horse.
~  Libby Llop