Re: [RC] help! Just got a project horse - DarkHorseGoddess

>>But he needs about 200 lbs. of weight and needs desperately to rebuild his muscle tissue back.   What I did notice is that he does dribble food, and there were long stems of hay in his poop because that is one of the first things I checked

Kathie,

Sounds like he needs his teeth floated, and maybe you should do a Panacur deworming. I'm glad your calling your Vet about this fellow.

Here's some sites on how to feed a starved horse:

http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/ceh/HR21-3Nutrit_Rehab.html

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ranch/8841/rehab.html

Wishing you the best of luck with your new horse, and thank you for having the heart and patience to care for him.         Raven