Re: [RC] Ridecamp Convention - Vallonelee

In a message dated 2/28/04 6:58:30 AM US Mountain Standard Time, rides2far@xxxxxxxx writes:

Suggested Awards:

2. Best advice giver:
Heidi Smith and SUG

3. Fireman award: (given to the person who is best at defusing volatile
situations)

Steph Teeter

4. Arsonist: Person most likely to stir up a volatile situation.

Howard

5. Most profound quotes:

Frank Solano

6. Most amusing typos: (would be nice if presenter could cut and paste
example)

Hands down, Truman.

7. Best ride story

Gotta agree, Nick Warhol

9. Best debater: (should go to the person who is most likely to go back
to the archives and cut/paste a reply which is impossible to refute since
they use a person's own words to prove their point)

Kat Swigart

10. Most helpful researcher:  For the person who is most likely to
research a newcomer's pedigree if they ask, or explain how inherited
color works, etc.

Heidi Smith.

11. Most valuable free advice giver:  For the expert who gives advice
freely that one would have to pay for otherwise.

Heidi Smith and SUG

12. Most entertaining exploits: For the poster who has interesting
travels, or interesting exploits on mundane travels.

Steph

14. Best e-mail address
finishis2win or rides2far

15. Best foreign correspondent (must live in that country)

Maryanne

16. My quiet husband Bill suggested an award for the "best lurker". I'm
not sure how we can get votes on that one since you lurkers refuse to
post. I'm thinking on it though.

Given John Teeters definition this would truly be Julie Suhr

Lee
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW-- what a ride !! "